KNOWHOW + KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER
CROCHET - Knowledge transfer project between Zagreb and Zurich (2019-2020)
CROCHET aims to transform governance models and increase participation through social innovation. The IZI is a project partner in exchange with various actors from the Croatian city of Zagreb. The project creates ideas on how to use social innovation to improve the quality of public services and to promote social cohesion in Zurich and Zagreb. The focus is on three topics: community centres, housing cooperatives and public services.
Conception, management, organisation
- Zurich West. Half-day tour through the ambitious new district, history of the industrial quarter, planning conflicts, situation today.
- Zurich District 5. From the main railway station to the Viadukt, history of the urban development until today, migration, culture, creative economy, housing policy, gentrification and a short insight into Zurich West.
- From Opernhaus to Schiffbau. Full day tour about culture and urban development.
- "Art, Creativity and Cultural Production in the City of the 21st Century", University of Zurich, Institute of Geography (autumn semester). Lecture Philipp Klaus.
- "Spatial Sociology" ETH Zurich, MAS Spatial Planning; Presence Week.
- Workshops and guest lectures at universities and technical colleges (see Philipp Klaus).
International Network for Urban Research and Action INURA
in journals, magazines, newspapers, books.
at universities, ETH, universities of applied sciences (ZHdK, ZHAW, etc.) and foreign universities